Thank you for your kindness, patience and support throughout this time – we couldn’t be more excited to reopen on the 4th of July, to look after you and help you feel more you.
To provide (more than ever before) deserved ‘me time’ respite for you all, we’ll all need to participate to ensure the new procedures and guidelines are carried out as smoothly and easily as possible.
We appreciate this is a lengthy update, however it’s imperative that we all understand what has changed, so we’ve summarised in brief and expanded with details and reasonings beneath.
We can’t wait to welcome you back you.
What you need to know:
- Please phone to make your appointment or online book. (we will be unable to take walk in appointments)
- Please phone to organise a skin / patch test prior to your hair colour appointment if: you have not had a colour appointment or skin test within 6 months, you have used a box-dye since your last colour appointment.
- Please avoid bringing unnecessary items such as large bags, shopping, coats / umbrellas unless absolutely necessary.
- Please come alone and don’t bring guests, family members or pets with you unless absolutely necessary.
- Please bring a face covering with elastic hooked behind your ears. This MUST be worn for the duration of your visit at the salon (you may be asked to remove for some parts of your service).
- Please wash hands on arrival and use hand sanitiser provided, before and after your visit.
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment.
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough? Do you have a high temperature? Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell? If yes to any of these symptoms, however mild, you must stay at home and reschedule your appointment.
- You will be required to have your temperature taken and to sign in upon arrival.
- To protect you, your fellow guests and our teams we reserve the right to reschedule any person attending with symptoms. Please notify us in advance and we’ll do our best to find you a new appointment as soon as possible.
Important Safety Changes:
- Our opening hours are increasing, which means that we have reduced the number of people in the building • The stylists will have different start times, meaning that it should reduce the number of guests arriving.
- We have installed plastic screens in-between each chair / station and at the basins, following the one meter social distancing with a risk mitigation rule.
- The team have been given their own cleaning equipment which they’ll have at their sections at all times so they are the only ones that touch and use them. This will include face coverings, antibacterial spray, equipment sterilising, alcohol gel, disposable cleaning cloths. • When working closely with you the team will be wearing face shields instead of masks in line with government guidelines.
- Our towels are cleaned and dried in temperatures higher than sixty degrees and you will be provided with your own disposable gown.
- Government guidelines dictate that for now we are unable to provide you with refreshments and entertainment.
- We will be taking payments from the comfort of your salon chair before the end of your visit. This should prevent queuing when checking out. We recommend downloading and setting up Apple Pay or Google Pay beforehand on your phone which will negate the need to touch terminals.
If you would like to know more or have unanswered questions thus far, please contact us on 020 8878 7444
Skin Safety Tests
The safety of our guests has always been paramount to us all and we are pleased that continuing these same practices is just as simple and way as before.
The good news is that our skin safety test procedures are still the same; if you have had a colour service with William Thomas Gaughan 6 months prior to your appointment, no further skin test is required.
However, following advice for your colour suppliers, we do have one new exception – if you have used a box colour between appointments, we will need to carry our a new skin test.
For anyone that requires a skin test, this must be done at least 48 hours prior to your appointment.
Book procedures – (phoning is the best method for booking)
Telephone bookings are the best method to secure your appointment. Our website and email are in use but due to the nature of the way the work (there is a lag between request and booking which we fell will be very unreliable and may lead to disappointment).
If you are unable to call us or get through, we will return missed calls as fast as possible in the order at which the calls were received.
We have created a temporary new roster with new, longer opening hours. The stylists will have different starting times, meaning that it should reduce the number of guests at the salon.
Monday: 08:00 – 18:00
Tuesday: 08:00 – 20:00
Wednesday: 08:00 – 18:00
Thursday: 08:00 – 20:00
Friday: 08:00 – 19:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 18:00
Sunday: 09:00 – 17:00
Payments and Rebookings
To remove the need for unnecessary queuing and congregating we’ll be taking payments in the chair during or at the end of your visit with us. Our host will come around with a sterilised payment terminal.
For future colour appointments, please discuss these with your stylist / host during your appointment.
Thank you for making it this far, we appreciate this has been a big update!! We’re incredibly excited that we’ll be seeing you all soon and we look forward to welcoming you, The William Thomas Gaughan Team.